Updating your BIO X bioprinter is highly recommended and essential to taking advantage of the new features that each update offers. Use the steps below to update your printer to the latest software version.
1. Log in to your DNA Cloud account at dna.cellink.com. If you do not have an account, follow the steps online to signup.
NOTE: You will need your BIO X serial number, it’s located on the back of the machine.
2. Once logged in find our latest software releases under 'Stable Software Release.'
3. Click download on HeartOS for BIO-X 1.8.2.
Note: For the recent updates of the latest version, kindly tick the 'Release Notes' link for further information.
4. Locate and move the downloaded file onto a USB flash drive.
a. You must move the software file to the main folder of the USB flash drive.
5. Eject the USB flash drive from your computer.
6. Insert the USB flash drive into one of the BIO X two USB ports.
7. Locate the 'Gear Icon' on the top right corner of the BIO X homepage.
8. Select update.
9. Select the software file from your USB flash drive and follow instructions on the screen. Do not turn off the printer while it is updating.
Hardware compatibility check with HeartOS 1.8.2
NOTE: Using the autocalibration feature requires preinstalled hardware. Do not use the autocalibration feature without first installing the Autocalibration Kit.
The autocalibration function enabled in HeartOS version 1.7.0 and above requires additional hardware to be installed on your BIO X. The installed kit looks like this:
If the machine serial number entered does not match the one used to register on DNA Cloud. Please check your account profile by clicking the icon in the top right corner to verify the correct serial number.